The Great Ocean Road Running Festival is proud to be supporting the Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation for another year!
Since inception in 1999 the Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation have distributed over $380,000 in grants to the local community and over $236,000 has been distributed from the Great Ocean Road Marathon/Running Festival in the last 6 years.
These generous donations have assisted local community organisations. Apollo Bay P-12 College were able to send students on an international trip, Apollo Bay Sailing Club were able to buy propeller guards for the outboard motors on the rescue boats and the Apollo Bay Community Garden could protect their gardens with netting covers. See the full list of grants here.
The Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation source and organise all of the volunteers from Wye River to Apollo Bay so that your Running Festival experience will be a great one.
If you’ve participated previously you’ll know what a tremendous job the Volunteers do,
- Keeping the route safe by marshalling the roads
- Providing refreshments to competitors
- Ensuring safe and efficient transfer of your bags
- Handing out medals and cheering you on at the Finish Line
- Helping to clean up the Great Ocean Road after the event
Want to help? Here is what you can do:
If you’re registered to run in any of the events of the Running Festival you can sign up with Everyday Hero to fundraise, selecting Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation as your Charity.
If you’d like to make a donation directly to the Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation you can…
- Make a runner’s donation when you register for the GOR Running Festival
- Go to the Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation fundraising page and select ‘Give Now’
- Drop a few coins into one of our tins around town anytime or at our marquee at the Running Festival
HAVE A MASSAGE
Come along to the Health Foundation Marquee at the Finishing Line for a massage from a fully qualified massuer. All proceeds go directly to the Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation.
If you would like to volunteer for the Great Ocean Road Running Festival in May 2020 and raise some funds for your local community group (Apollo Bay & District and along the GOR to Wye River) or the Apollo Bay & District Health Foundation itself, please email email@example.com with ‘GORRF Volunteering’ as the subject.